Honors and Recognitions
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2017
- “Rising Stars,” Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2015-2017
- Dean’s Distinguished Scholar, Minnesota Law School
Ben Kaplan is a trial attorney and partner at Crueger Dickinson LLC. Mr. Kaplan focuses on consumer protection, business tort, and class action litigation, providing careful analysis of complex issues and practical advice for resolving disputes and concerns. Ben has jury trial experience in both state and federal courts as well as appellate experience in multiple federal appellate circuits.
Notable Professional Experience
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a manufacturer in a trademark infringment dispute, including having the Federal Circuit affirm on appeal.
- Successfully represented an appliance manufacturer against false advertising allegations in a $40 million class action.
- Successfully represented a cooperative accused of misrepresentations, obtaning a complete victory at jury verdict.
- Succesfully represented a small business owner in a dipute over the purchase of faulty equipment including a victorious verdict at trial.
- Represented an inmate prosecuting a Section 1983 claim, through jury trial in federal court. Brought in on appeal before the Second Circuit, and successfully obtained a reduction in an attorneys‘ fees judgment from over $5 million to under $2 million.
- Successfully represented a municipality in incorporation litigation, including a successful verdict at trial that was affirmed by the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
- During law school, Ben workied in the chambers of the Honorable Diana Murphy of the Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and for the Hennepin County Public Defender’s Office.
- In addition to his normal case load, Ben has handled multiple pro bono cases, including representing multiple incarcerated individuals in various disputes.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Juris Doctor (J.D.), magna cum lauda; Business Law concentration, Editor, Journal of Law and Inequality
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), cum laude; Political Science
- University of Notre Dame Australia
State Bar Admissions
Federal Bar Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin