Honors and Recognitions
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2012 – 2017)
Krista Baisch is a trial attorney and partner at Crueger Dickinson LLC. Ms. Baisch practices complex litigation in state and federal courts around the country. She has represented clients in contract disputes, shareholder disputes, patent litigation, commercial torts, civil rights, medical malpractice, product liability, construction litigation, personal injury, and general business litigation. Prior to starting her complex litigation practice, Ms. Baisch focused on defending the interests of Wisconsin’s Counties in a broad range of matters. Most notably, she was part of the successful trial team in Howard v. Dane County wherein an inmate alleged ADA claims related to wheel chair access at the Dane County Jail and more than nine times she obtained complete dismissal of Eighth Amendment claims alleged against County Jails or County healthcare providers. She has also successfully defended Wisconsin municipalities in claims relating to civil rights, Title IX, Title VII, safe place statute, the public trust doctrine, and negligence. Ms. Baisch has extensive experience in Wisconsin’s Federal Courts, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, Wisconsin Court of Appeals, and the Wisconsin Supreme Court. Through her experience, Ms. Baisch has developed invaluable insight into how private law firms with the right resources and experience can assist governmental entities in the fight against the opioid epidemic.
Notable Professional Experience
- Part of team representing more than 125 Counties in the National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL No. 2804 pending in the Northern District of Ohio before Judge Dan A. Polster. Representation includes Counties in California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Carolina, and Wisconsin.
- Successfully represented managing general agent in an arbitration trial involving complex issues of business valuation and breach of employment covenants. Trial resulted in a total defense verdict for Ms. Baisch’s client.
- Successfully tried multi-million dollar arbitration trial to resolve a complex contract dispute between several large U.S. corporations. Case resulted in total defense verdict, recovery on counter claims and recovery of attorneys’ fees for Ms. Baisch’s client following three years of litigation and a twelve day trial.
- Obtained dismissal of breach of contract, unjust enrichment and promissory estoppel claims for client. G2 Equities v. Reco Cement Products LLC (N.D. Ill. 2015).
- Lead counsel for software developer in breach of licensing agreement dispute resulting in a favorable resolution for client.
- Obtained dismissal of patent infringement lawsuit. Sonic Foundry, Inc. v. Astute Technology, LLC (W.D. Wis. 2013).
- Obtained dismissal of fourth and fifth amendment claims and affirmance by Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Pegues v. Springob (E.D. Wis. 2012); (7th Cir. 2013).
- Williams v. Dane County (W.D. Wis. 2012); Becker v. Frederick (E.D. Wis. 2011); Forshee v. Sarah Kowalski (W.D. Wis.); Vitrano v. Akgulian (E.D. Wis.); LaBelle v. Singer (W.D. Wis. 2012); DeJesus v. Waukesha County (E.D. Wis.); Becker v. Frederick (E.D. Wis. 2011); Owens v. Johnson (W.D. Wis. 2010); Holton v. Scholke (E.D. Wis. 2009): Dismissal of eight amendment claims.
- Juss Us For Justice, et al. v. Milwaukee County, et al.12-CV-349 (E.D. Wis.), successful defense of discrimination claims by child care workers based on failure to state a claim.
- Hall v. Adams, 12-SC-7233 (Dane County), defense of small claims employment discrimination claims.
- Humprhies v. Milwaukee County (E.D. Wis. 2011) (7th Cir. 2012): Dismissal of due process claims; affirmed by the Seventh Circuit.
- Dent v. Milwaukee County, 10-CV-1660 (Jul. 19, 2011); dismissal of negligent supervision and conspiracy claims alleged against Sheriff.
- Pappas v. Milwaukee County, 10-CV-2011 (Feb. 25, 2011); dismissal of Public Trust Doctrine claims against Milwaukee County based on use of lake front land surrounding South Shore Yacht Club.
- Pattie v. Winnebago County, 09-CV-1558 (Nov. 24, 2010); dismissal of claims against County for alleged failure to identify dangerous individual who abused the mother of his children after leaving facility.
- Jacobs v. Bartels, 08-CV-12 (E.D. Wis. Sept. 10, 2009) (aff’d 10-1796 (7th Cir. 2010)); dismissal of access to courts claim against prison Health Services Administrator for the County jail.
- Howard v. Dane County, 07-CV-4792 (Aug. 3, 2009); dismissal of negligence claims alleging failure to treat hip infection. Defense verdict at trial on ADA claim relating to wheel chair access in County Jail.
- Elborough v. Evansville School District, 636 F.Supp.2d 812 (W.D. Wis. 2009); dismissal of Title IX and Due Process claims on summary judgment; Equal Protection and recklessness claims dismissed before trial.
- Brown v. Milwaukee County, 08-CV-10238 (Feb. 10, 2009); dismissal of alleged sexual assault claims.
- Buchanan-Moore v. Milwaukee County, 576 F.Supp.2d (E.D. Wis. 2008) (aff’d 570 F.3d 824 (7th Cir. 2009)); dismissal of due process and negligence claims for releasing an inmate who was a known danger.
- Sheffield v. Evansville School District, 07-CV-1403 (Oct. 10, 2008); dismissal of negligence claims against school district based on immunity doctrine for alleged failure to treat an injury that occurred at school.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2005)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., 2002)
State Bar Admissions
Federal Bar Admissions
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Northern District of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals